These steps to create a blog will show you how to create a blog site and start blogging with WordPress like an expert, professional blogger.
This is a question asked frequently by newbie bloggers and we hope to be able to answer it to some extent in this post. Blogging is the best example of how far the internet revolution has impacted everyday life.
How to create a blog site & start blogging
If you’re looking for a creative way to share your opinion or publicize your services and products you need to understand how to create a blog site or a blog. Not only is it a simple task but it will cost very little. Here are 5 steps involved in creating a blogging site:
#1. Buy a domain name
The success of any online business lies in the domain name you use. As such, use a reliable domain registrar, and where possible, look up more alternatives and variations to your first choice.
The domain should be easy to spell and where possible, avoid numbers and hyphens as visitors will be put off. The domain name must also reflect your business name.
Your blog hosting company may offer a free domain name as part of the package. This may not always be a good way to go as the domain name does not necessarily belong to you.
It is always better to buy a domain and hosting package. While it’s usually easy to change web hosts, the host may not be cooperative if the domain is not in your own name.
The Namecheap Business Hub will help you launch a tech startup, website, or e-commerce business, get your big idea online, or simply find the best deals for your existing business.
Namecheap makes registering, hosting, and managing domains easy and affordable. You can get the best offers on Domains, Stellar shared hosting, EasyWP managed WordPress, SSL certificates, and VPN – everything your business needs to create an online presence in one place!
#2. Choose a web hosting service
The next step in creating a blogging site is signing up for a blog hosting package. There are many hosting companies out there each with its pros and cons and after signing up, you will get blog applications installed for free.
There are many benefits of using blog software, like WordPress, as you will save time and money, and get built-in functionalities to help you post articles.
You can find a host with a one-click install of WordPress and other software like Bluehost, a top-recommended WordPress hosting provider that makes WordPress website creation fun and easy.
With WordPress, it will be easy to optimize your blog when you are using an established host. Such installations make your blogging experience a delight irrespective of your IT skills.
Always pick an established host to ensure you join a large community where there will be a flow of free information and adequate technical support when needed.
- Best WordPress Hosting Providers For Bloggers
- 5 Legal Considerations For Bloggers: Create Your Blog’s Legal Pages
3. Pick a WordPress theme
Your visitors will get a first impression of your blog by how it looks and as such when you create a blogging site always look out for themes that reflect your business.
The Bluehost marketplace gives you access to hundreds of free and premium website themes. There are many free themes offered by WordPress but if you want something unique, it is best to invest and buy a professional theme.
- Best WordPress Themes, WordPress Plugins & WordPress Design Services
- Page Speed Best Practices: Tips For Speeding Up Your Website
- 21 SEO Tips For Blogs: Bloggers SEO For Beginners Checklist
- Free SEO Certification, Free SEO Courses & Best SEO Tools
- 7 SEO Benefits Of WordPress For Blogging
- 7 Essential, Must-Have WordPress Plugins For Bloggers
- The New Website Launch Checklist For Building A Website From Scratch
#4. Add optimized content
This is the most fundamental aspect when you create a blogging site. Content defines what your blog is all about and valuable, timeless and original content is the best kind. This is the only way of guaranteeing repeat visitors and optimizing your blog for search engines.
When creating content, make sure you research your topic well and give candid opinions on your specific niche as this will create trust between you and your blog readers.
In particular, make sure that your About and Contact pages are comprehensive enough to give the visitor a true feel of the person behind the blog.
- Best SEO Content Writing Tools To Write SEO-Friendly Articles
- SEO Content Writing Tutorial: How To Start Content Writing For The Web
- 10 Tips To Find The Best Blog Content Writing Topics
- 10 Techniques Of Writing Headlines For Clicks And Conversions
- 10 Steps To Writing High-Quality Blog Posts
- Journalism Ethics Guidelines To Make You An A-List Blogger
- How To Write Blog Content That Gives You The Results You Want
- How To Create Compelling Content And Cut Through The Clutter
- How To Do a Website Content Audit To Create Content That Converts
- 7 Qualities Of Incredibly Viral Content
- Top 10 Dos And Don’ts When Writing Website Content
- 8 Incredible Tips To Create Blog Content That Rocks
#5. Build traffic to your blog
The last critical part as you create a blogging site is building traffic. You can start doing this by submitting it to blog directories, backlinking, and social media networks, and also start guest blogging to build links.
For more ways to build traffic to your blog, read the posts below:
- How to Outsource SEO Services to an SEO Specialist
- How Link Building in SEO Can Boost Google Search Ranking
- Free Pinterest Training & Pinterest Courses For Bloggers
- How To Increase Website Traffic Without Creating New Content
- 45 Blog Promotion Tips – The Always Updated List
- SEO Blogger Outreach: 4 Rules Of An Impeccable Outreach Strategy
- 50 Ways To Increase Social Media Engagement
Blogging tips & tools
- 25 Completely Free Marketing Courses & Tools
- How Do Famous Bloggers Make Money Blogging In 2022?
- How To Make Money Blogging & Boost Your Blogging Earnings
- Earn Money From Blogs: 10 Blog Ideas That Make Money
- How To Outsource Blog Writing Services & Other Blogging Services
© 2012 – 2022, Priya Florence Shah. All rights reserved.
Priya Florence Shah is a bestselling author, an award-winning online publisher, and an online branding consultant. She is also the author of Devi2Diva, a book on emotional self-care for women. In her spare time, she writes science-fiction novels and poetry and chills with her two-legged and four-legged kids.