These steps to create a blog will show you how to create a blog site and start blogging with WordPress like an expert, professional blogger.
This is a question asked frequently by newbie bloggers, and we hope to be able to answer it to some extent in this post. Blogging is the best example of how far the internet revolution has impacted everyday life.
How to create a blog site & start blogging
If you’re looking for a creative way to share your opinion or publicize your services and products you need to understand how to create a blog site or a blog. Not only is it a simple task but it will cost very little. Here are 5 steps involved in creating a blogging site:
#1. Buy a domain name
The success of any online business lies in the domain name you use. As such, use a reliable domain registrar, and where possible, look up more alternatives and variations to your first choice.
The domain name should be easy to spell, and where possible, avoid numbers and hyphens as visitors will be put off. The domain name must also reflect your business name.
Your blog hosting company may offer a free domain name as part of the package. This may not always be a good way to go, as the domain name does not necessarily belong to you.
It is always better to buy a domain and hosting package. While it’s usually easy to change web hosts, the host may not be cooperative if the domain is not in your own name.
The Namecheap Business Hub will help you launch a tech startup, website, or e-commerce business, get your big idea online, or simply find the best deals for your existing business.
Namecheap makes registering, hosting, and managing domains easy and affordable. You can get the best offers on Domains, Stellar shared hosting, EasyWP managed WordPress, SSL certificates, and VPN – everything your business needs to create an online presence in one place!
#2. Choose a web hosting service
The next step in creating a blogging site is signing up for a blog hosting package. There are many hosting companies out there each with its pros and cons and after signing up, you will get blog applications installed for free.
There are many benefits to using blog software, like WordPress, as you will save time and money, and get built-in functionalities to help you post articles.
You can find a host with a one-click install of WordPress and other software like Bluehost, a top-recommended WordPress hosting provider that makes WordPress website creation fun and easy.
With WordPress, it will be easy to optimize your blog when you are using an established host. Such installations make your blogging experience a delight, irrespective of your IT skills.
Always pick an established host to ensure you join a large community where there will be a flow of free information and adequate technical support when needed.
- Best WordPress Hosting Providers For Bloggers
- 5 Legal Considerations For Bloggers: Create Your Blog’s Legal Pages
3. Pick a WordPress theme
Your visitors will get a first impression of your blog by how it looks and as such when you create a blogging site always look out for themes that reflect your business.
The Bluehost marketplace gives you access to hundreds of free and premium website themes. There are many free themes offered by WordPress, but if you want something unique, it is best to invest and buy a professional theme.
- 7 SEO Benefits Of WordPress For Blogging
- Best WordPress Themes, WordPress Plugins & WordPress Design Services
- Page Speed Best Practices: Tips For Speeding Up Your Website
- 21 SEO Tips For Blogs: Bloggers SEO For Beginners Checklist
- 7 Essential, Must-Have WordPress Plugins For Bloggers
- The New Website Launch Checklist For Building A Website From Scratch
#4. Add SEO-optimized content
Content is the most important aspect of creating a blogging site. It defines what your blog is all about, and valuable, evergreen, unique, and original content is the best kind.
This is the best way to guarantee repeat visitors and optimize your blog for search engines.
When creating content, make sure you research your topic well and give candid opinions on your specific niche, as this will create trust between you and your blog readers.
In particular, make sure that your About and Contact pages are comprehensive enough to give the visitor a true sense of the person behind the blog.
- Best SEO Content Writing Tools To Write SEO-Friendly Articles
- How To Create Original Content From AI-Generated Content
- SEO Content Writing Tutorial: How To Start Content Writing For The Web
- 10 Tips To Find The Best Blog Content Writing Topics
- 10 Techniques Of Writing Headlines For Clicks & Conversions
- 10 Steps To Writing High-Quality Blog Posts
#5. Build traffic to your blog
The last critical step as you create a blogging site is building traffic. You can start using a number of techniques to generate backlinks, from social media networks to guest blogging.
For more ways to build traffic to your blog, read the posts below:
- How Link Building in SEO Can Boost Google Search Ranking
- Free Pinterest Training & Pinterest Courses For Bloggers
- How To Increase Website Traffic Without Creating New Content
- 45 Blog Promotion Tips – The Always Updated List
- SEO Blogger Outreach: 4 Rules Of An Impeccable Outreach Strategy
- 50 Ways To Increase Social Media Engagement
Blogging tips & tools
- How Do Famous Bloggers Make Money Blogging?
- Earn Money From Blogs: 10 Blog Ideas That Make Money
- How to Outsource SEO Services to an SEO Specialist
- How To Outsource Blog Writing Services & Other Blogging Services
© 2012 – 2023, Priya Florence Shah. All rights reserved.
Priya Florence Shah is a bestselling author, an award-winning online publisher, and an online branding consultant. Download her free personal branding eBooks and check out Devi2Diva, her book on emotional self-care for women. In her spare time, Priya writes science-fiction novels and poetry and chills with her two-legged and four-legged kids.