- Learn Creative Writing For Beginners
- Free Writing Classes For Authors
- Free Author Branding Resources
- How to Get Published
- Best MasterClass Creative Writing Courses
- Udemy Creative Writing Courses for Writers
- Book Marketing Courses & Resources
Learn Creative Writing For Beginners
Improve your creative writing skills with free creative writing classes. Learn creative writing for beginners and become an author with these creative writing courses for writers.
Want to learn how to write a book? You don’t need creative writing degrees from a creative writing school to start writing a novel. Get the writing skills training you need to become a bestselling author.
Learn the art of creative writing and improve your English creative writing skills with this list of free creative writing classes, best writing classes, and Masterclass creative writing courses.
Improving creative writing skills is not easy when you don’t know the fundamentals of creative writing. Get the creative writing help you need to write that bestselling novel or creative nonfiction memoir. Or just learn creative writing for therapeutic purposes.
With the best writing classes online, you could get the help you need to become a bestselling author, creative poetry writer, award-winning scriptwriter, freelance creative writer, web copywriter, or website content writer.
This list of the best creative writing courses will give you access to creative writing resources, creative writing lessons, creative writing examples, and creative writing exercises for beginners.
Free Writing Classes For Authors
Learn how to overcome writer’s block and get creative writing tips for writers as well as a step-by-step guideline to write your book with these free writing classes by bestselling authors.
In his free 20-Step Author Quick Start Guide, Brian Tracy lists 7 tips to quickly and easily organize your book, secret writing exercises to improve your writing speed and a simple plan for getting your book into publishers’ hands immediately.
In his Free Webinar, 5 Steps to Planning & Publishing a Best-Selling Book, the best-selling author of 80+ books, Brian Tracy, will show you his nonfiction writing techniques for choosing a topic and book title.
You’ll also learn how to find out exactly who your reader is to ensure you have a page-turning book that sells itself. Brian Tracy’s book writing courses for beginners are some of the best non-fiction writing courses online.
In this free 7-day writing course, award-winning Book Writing Coach, Lisa Tener shows you how to write a book and create a compelling book proposal to get published or self-publish.
This free book writing course from Lisa Tener includes 7 email lessons, 2 audios for writing in the zone, and a template to create daily motivation.
Discover how her award-winning book writing and creativity courses, editing services, and expert advice can bring your book to life. Experience a new world of possibilities as a published author with this short creative writing course.
Should I go with traditional, indie, or hybrid publishing? How do I write a pitch? What kind of royalties should I expect? What the heck are beta readers and why do I need them?
Publishing is an ever-changing business. As a result, these and many other questions are at the forefront of the modern-day writer’s brain.
You’ve probably asked them yourself! This free eBook on how to go from the first draft to a published author will take you through the entire process, from refining your manuscript to choosing a publishing track to release your book into the world.
The last thing you want when you sit down to write your first draft is to lose momentum. Have you figured out the key traits of your characters so that you know how they will act (and react) in each scene?
Have you thought through the climax of your narrative so that you can lay all the groundwork to get there? Have you researched the setting of your story so you can make it feel authentic?
Use this novel writing guide before you start writing to work out your narrative arc, plan out your key plot points, flesh out your characters, and begin to build your world. Then, when you begin your writing journey, you will have a map to follow along the way.
Characters are the heart of any work of fiction. This free Creating Legends eBook will show you how to create compelling, engaging, relatable characters based on actions, motives, and their past.
Discover how archetypes — not stereotypes — should help inform your character’s deeper motives and desires. Understand how to create an emotional connection to your protagonist (and antagonist) for your reader that extends beyond real life.
Free Author Branding Resources
Learn how to grow your audience on autopilot and sell more books and other products – without being “sleazy”.
This is the exact system that bestselling author, Nick Stephenson, used to grow his business from $0 to over $1,000,000 in 24 months and is used by thousands of my students worldwide.
Your First 10,000 Readers is his proven step-by-step system to grow your audience and sell more books (without being sleazy).
Whether you write fiction or non-fiction books, this free training will show you:
- How to get results – Use this three-step formula to focus on the marketing that brings results: how to grow your audience, find more readers, and sell more books
- How to turn traffic into raving fans – the exact system to convert random book browsers into committed subscribers and paying fans
- How to Sell without being sleazy – Use this system to launch your new titles to raving fans, and promote your existing work to new people
You’ll also get a free case study that will show you how one author boosted sales from $20 a month to $3,000 a month using this system.
Learn how to find your first 10,000 readers with Nick Stephenson’s free Reader Magnets eBook. This is the exact system he used to add tens of thousands of engaged readers to his mailing list.
Learn how to grow your audience on autopilot – join 25,000+ other authors & download “Reader Magnets” for free today.
Readers don’t just materialize out of thin air. Just as it took you weeks and months (if not years) of effort to write your book, it can take weeks and months of effort to find the people who want to read it.
Building your author platform and finding your ideal audience doesn’t have to be challenging or expensive! In fact, with a few simple tricks, a bit of elbow grease, and some dedication to your social media feeds, you can generate tons of interest for your book.
How to Get Published
Get your book out of your head and into the hands of the right agent and publisher. In this 4-week live online class and book proposal adventure, you’ll get the clarity, guidance, accountability, and insider secrets you need to finally write a top-notch book proposal for your non-fiction book.
Fast Track Your Book Proposal is a 4-8 week program that will show you how to:
- Take your book from idea to book proposal in as little as 4-8 weeks.
- Maximize your time, energy, and efficiency so you can start and easily finish your book proposal without completely putting the rest of your life on hold.
- Write your best book… the one you truly want to write. Not some fill-in-the-blank knock-off.
- Avoid getting stuck, stalled, or derailed.
- Structure and title your book so it resonates with your target audience.
- Write a book proposal that’s professional, polished, and compelling.
- Rest assured that your book and book proposal have “the right stuff” to catapult your career to the next level of success and fill your life with new, exciting possibilities.
Get the straight scoop (and insider secrets) on how to write a polished book proposal that captures the interest of agents and publishers.
Do you have a great idea for a book, and want to make sure you get the best deal possible for it? There are five major publishers in the United States, known as “The Big Five” – Simon & Schuster, Penguin Random House, HarperCollins, Hachette, and Macmillan.
They’re the ones that offer the highest advances and have the best chance of landing your book on bestseller lists. In the Big Book Deal Course, you’ll learn how to sell a nonfiction book to a major publisher.
This course is created by an author who has written for all five of them, including several books that landed six-figure deals.
Get book coaching and book mentoring from an expert book consultant. Learn how to write your book with Chad Allen, an expert book writing coach and publishing consultant.
Whether you need a nonfiction book writing coach or a fiction writing coach, Chad Allen’s BookCamp Training for Writers will help you get one-on-one writing feedback and guidance from a book writing coach and book publishing coach, to get your book published.
Chad is a 20-year publishing pro, writer, speaker, editor, book writers’ coach, and book marketing coach. If you’ve been looking for a book publishing consultant to help you get a book deal with a traditional book publisher, his BookCamp writing community is perfect for you.
Self Publishing Launchpad is a detailed, comprehensive masterclass written and presented by a bestselling author for other authors.
It distills years of trial and error into a simple system that is easy to follow, with over 50 hours of straightforward video guides that take all the guesswork out of publishing your book.
Give yourself the best possible start, no matter what genre you write in with a simple easy-to-set-up automated system that runs in the background, getting your books into the hands of readers and pushing you up the sales charts.
Self-Publishing Launchpad is guaranteed to get results and will teach you how to:
- Format your books and get great covers so that they are indistinguishable from your traditionally published rivals.
- Upload your books to all the major platforms.
- Understand metadata so that your books show up in searches.
- Find your perfect readers and add them to your mailing list.
- Build an automation sequence that introduces new readers to your writing, and encourages them to move on to your paid books.
- Craft straightforward and simple-to-learn Facebook Ad campaigns that work, require minimal maintenance, and won’t leave you broke.
- Turn your readers into fans, and then into super-fans (and members of your crack Street Team).
- And most importantly: Sell your books!
Self-Publishing Launchpad is a straightforward easy-to-follow guide that will take all the guesswork out of how to publish your book and get your indie author career off to the best possible start.
Sign up for Self-Publishing Launchpad now and you could introduce yourself as an author just a few months from now.
Best MasterClass Creative Writing Courses
Wondering where to study creative writing online and kick-start your creative writing career? Learn creative writing for beginners with the best MasterClass creative writing programs at one of the best creative writing schools online.
The fact that you can study creative writing techniques and improve your creative writing skills with these bestselling authors and Masters who are teaching creative writing online for the first time, makes MasterClass one of the top schools for creative writing.
Get creative writing examples, creative writing tips, creative writing exercises, and creative writing activities to ignite your creative spark. Because these creative writing courses are all available online, you can take these creative writing courses in India or anywhere in the world.
Learn how to write a book with the best book writing classes, book writing workshops, and creative fiction writing classes by bestselling authors at the best school for creative writing online.
- James Patterson MasterClass Fiction Writing Course
- Margaret Atwood Teaches Creative Writing
- Neil Gaiman MasterClass on the Art of Storytelling
- N.K. Jemisin Teaches Fantasy & Science Fiction Writing
- R.L. Stine Teaches Writing for Young Audiences
- Amy Tan Teaches Fiction, Memory, and Imagination
- Salman Rushdie Teaches Storytelling and Writing
- Walter Mosley Teaches Fiction and Storytelling
- David Sedaris Teaches Storytelling and Humor
- Joyce Carol Oates Teaches Creative Short Story Writing
- David Baldacci Teaches Mystery and Thriller Writing
- David Mamet Teaches Dramatic Writing
- Judy Blume Teaches Writing
- Joy Harjo MasterClass On Poetic Thinking
- Billy Collins MasterClass on Creative Poetry Writing
- Aaron Sorkin Teaches Screenwriting
- Shonda Rhimes MasterClass on Writing For Television
- The Duffer Brothers Teach Developing an Original TV Series
Udemy Creative Writing Courses for Writers
These low-cost creative writing Udemy courses include some of the best Udemy writing courses to help you write all forms of creative fiction and stories.
In this entertaining and useful Complete Creative Writing for All Genres Course, you’ll learn how to write compelling Drama, Poetry, Creative Non-Fiction, and Fiction.
This course will inspire you to write your own works of fiction, poetry, drama, and creative non-fiction – the four genres of creative writing.
It will help you find, develop, and share your unique writing voice, and teach you writing strategies, literary devices, and specialist knowledge to succeed as a creative writer.
As you start to learn the fundamentals of plotting and writing publishable fiction in the Write Masterful Fiction Course, you’ll create a story from scratch and study the fundamentals of narrative development.
It’s one thing to have a fantastic tale concept, but quite another to turn that idea into beautiful, compelling writing that draws readers in and gets publishers’ attention. The knowledge required to write to a publishable standard can seem intimidating to new or intermediate authors.
The Write Masterful Fiction course deletes the overwhelm by providing a complete walk-through of the core techniques of both writing and structuring stories as you build your own story from scratch.
Designed for both beginning and experienced writers, The Foundations of Fiction is an entertaining, inspiring, and comprehensive new fiction writing course to help you write bestselling books, memoirs, and short stories by developing your creative writing skills.
Every skilled fiction writer is familiar with and uses the six tools (Character, Dialogue, Point of View, Narrative Style, Setting, and Plot) when creating their stories.
This course will teach you the 6 Universal Foundations that underpin all great fiction, whether your goal is to produce screenplays, stage plays, memoirs, short stories, novels, or even flash fiction.
The course instructor, Jessica Brody, is an internationally bestselling and award-winning author of more than 20 novels for children, teenagers, and adults that have been distributed by a number of prestigious publishers, including Simon & Schuster, Random House, Macmillan, and Disney Press.
Learn the secret storytelling formula that underlies all popular novels, then use it to create an outline, draft, or revision of your own. Every great narrative ever told contains a secret storytelling formula – short stories, dramas, memoirs, novels, and novellas.
The code is present, concealed beneath the surface, everywhere a narrative is being conveyed, and is composed of 15 essential tale “beats” or “plot points” that Blake Snyder used in his Save the Cat! plotting technique.
The story’s beats serve as markers to let readers follow a character’s development and eventual transformation. When these 15 beats are combined and placed in the proper order, they form a guide that anyone can use to write a successful novel.
Thousands of novelists from all around the world have learned how to harness the power of the 15 core stories from Save the Cat! certified instructor Jessica Brody.
She imparts her extensive understanding of the storyline, story structure, and character development in her online creative writing Masterclass on these topics to help you learn the tricks of the trade for producing novels that truly resonate with readers.
Book Marketing Courses & Resources
Author marketing can be hard when you don’t know the basics of advertising for authors. Understanding how to use Amazon Marketing Services (AMS) ads for authors can help you sell more books on the Amazon advertising platform.
Get Amazon advertising help from an expert and learn the basics of Amazon PPC, how to set up Amazon marketing campaigns on the Amazon marketing platform, how to optimize your Amazon advertising costs, and more, with Mark Dawson’s Amazon Ads for Authors Course.
In this course, you’ll learn all about marketing for authors, Amazon & Facebook ads, Amazon Kindle advertising, Bookbub ads, how to set up Bookbub advertising campaigns, and more.
Become an award-winning author! Book awards grant instant credibility and influence booksellers and buyers alike. They grab the attention of bookstores, publishers, libraries, and readers, which can translate into increased sales.
If you place in the contest you’ll be able to add the Readers’ Favorite award seal to your book and all other marketing materials as well as identify your book as an “award-winning book” and you as an “award-winning author.”
Contestants range from first-time authors to New York Times bestsellers and celebrities. Click here to enter your book in the Readers’ Favorite Book Award Contest!
- Best creative writing AI story writer & AI poem generator tools
- Best online writing tools & novel writing software
- How to start writing a book for beginners
- How to write and publish a low-content book
- Blog to book: How to turn your blog into a book
- How to learn creative writing skills and be a better writer
- 10-step plan to become the published author of a book
- How to write the perfect nonfiction book proposal that sells
- How to curate content & filter information to sell more books
- How to write catchy book titles & compelling book content
- 7 tips for overcoming and dealing with writer’s block
- 10 emotional self-care tips for writers & creatives
- 7 habits of the most successful writers and famous authors
- 7 questions on writing and publishing a book for beginners
- How to write a best seller: Secrets of best-selling authors
- How to become a book writer without writing a book
- How to become a successful self-published author
- How to publish a book on Amazon for free
- Book marketing strategies for self-published authors
- 10 reasons to build a writer platform with a blog