Learn why your social media presence must be network-neutral and why your blog should be the hub of your social media presence.
A business needs to be network-neutral when it comes to building a presence on social media.
In the video below, I listed several reasons why you need a blog despite having accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. If you prefer reading, you can read the article here.
Imagine if you had built a following of 10 million followers on Orkut or Vine, where would you be today?
I firmly believe, that while social networks are a great medium for sharing content, you have to take the conversation to your own blog or website.
Having your own blog and mailing list allows you to capture your readers’ email addresses, helping you build a community that is truly network neutral.
So tomorrow, when Facebook declines (and it will), you can email your readers to join your new profile on the newest and hottest social network and rebuild your community there.
On the other hand, if you depend solely on your social media presence to bring in clients and customers, you are setting yourself up for failure when it becomes obsolete and few people visit.
Also, you are missing out on the opportunity to create search engine listings for your own content, many of which will bring you traffic for years to come.
As an example, a number of years ago, I had built quite a following on a social media network called Ryze and actively participated in a number of offline events organized by the community.
Today I never visit Ryze, and, I suspect, neither does a large segment of the community that was so active there. Today, TikTok is king. Tomorrow it will be another network’s turn.
You can beat the odds by being network-neutral and setting up your own blog with a subscription box to capture readers and visitors that you can follow up with long after the latest social network has vanished into obscurity.
Blogging Tips & Tools
- Why Start A Blog In 2023: 7 Blogging Benefits & Advantages
- Why Do I Need A Blog? I Have Facebook, Twitter & LinkedIn
- Should I Start A Blog? 7 Questions To Ask Before You Commit
- 10 Blogging Myths To Banish To Become A Successful Blogger
- 5 Steps To Create A Blog Site And Start Blogging
- 7 SEO Benefits Of WordPress For Blogging
- 10 Reasons To Build A Writer Platform With Blogging
- How Do Famous Bloggers Make Money Blogging?
- Earn Money From Blogs: 10 Blog Ideas That Make Money
- Learn Blogging Skills With These Blogging Education Resources
- 5 Blog Laws & Legal Considerations To Protect Your Blogging Business
© 2013 – 2023, Priya Florence Shah. All rights reserved.
Priya Florence Shah is a bestselling author, an award-winning online publisher, and an online branding consultant. Download her free personal branding eBooks and check out Devi2Diva, her book on emotional self-care for women. In her spare time, Priya writes science-fiction novels and poetry and chills with her two-legged and four-legged kids.