Let’s admit, Instagram Stories feature is all about fun, especially with the recent addition of Emoji stickers.
However, the million-dollar question is – how to make the most out of your Instagram Stories? For some businesses, no matter how hard they try, the results of employing this marketing strategy are not so pleasing.
That said, Instagram Stories is used by more than 300 million people every day. This is a whopping number, and therefore, it would not be wrong to say that it provides a huge potential for big and small businesses alike to attract more audience.
However, the question still remains – HOW? Well, we are here to your rescue.
1. Add A Splash Of Color To Your Stories
Instagram Stories is a great way to establish and show off your brand’s personality. However, it is highly recommended to keep the things in line with your brand’s style and voice.
So, how to do it?
- Head on right to the upper-right corner of your screen and look for an ‘Aa’ or pen icon to open a text or brush tool
- Tap and hold any colour option available there for a bit. This will open the colour slider at the bottom of the screen
- Simply swipe across the colour slider and choose an appropriate colour.
2. Create A Drop Shadow Effect On Text
Stand out by using custom texts. Flaunting a drop shadow effect could actually do the wonders.
Here is how you can do it:
- Tap on the ‘Aa’ icon on the upper-right corner of the screen and type your message
- Again, tap the ‘Aa’ icon and write the same text you wrote previously, but in a different colour
- Next, arrange the top layer of the text so that it is slightly aligned differently than the bottom layer, and you are done.
3. Use Stickers And Location
Using stickers and location in your Instagram Stories not only looks attractive but can also help you in creating a better impact. It could evidently boost the reach of your Stories.
This might come as a surprise to you but a lot of people use Instagram as a local directory to search local businesses, just like Yelp.
This is especially common for small brick and mortar businesses, restaurants, salons and the like. For instance, they open Instagram and search ‘Pizza New York’.
Instagram, in such a case, would populate the searches based on the location set by the pages. However, many a time, various Instagram stories with location hashtag also make it to the top.
This is how Instagram stories not only help you in connecting with the users of the nearby location but would also help you in reaching to the customers who are already looking for businesses like you.
4. Create Amazing Custom Highlight Covers
Extract the goodness of the Instagram Stories all the more by using them to create custom Highlight covers. Analyze Stories that worked fine and provided great results and highlight them on your profile.
Play and experiment and use a hashtag generator to find the right hashtags to skyrocket your Instagram reach.
Furthermore, beware of Instagram bots and keep a close eye on what your competitors are doing to help you stay ahead of the competition.
To get more ideas, have a look at the infographic below:
Graphic courtesy of 99firms.com
👩💼 Free Personal Branding Email CourseSignup
👩💼 Free Personal Branding Email Course
Go from Unknown to Well-Known! Get my eBook 'Be The Expert' + a Free Personal Branding Worksheet.
100% privacy. I will never spam you.
100% privacy. I will never spam you.
Avid learner, Oleh’s curiosity is a never-ending source of inspiration that drives him to research, revise and apply new things. He is an experienced blogger at 99firms.com with expertise in email marketing and digital commerce, but also a passionate traveler with a great sense of humor, who cannot leave a stone unturned in the pursuit for greater knowledge and understanding. Reach him out @DMGeekcom.